BMGC LOCAL RULES
The Rules of the United States Golf Association govern all play.
Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for breach of a local rule or condition is
TWO STROKES or LOSS of HOLE in Match Play.
Brookside Men’s Club
LOCAL RULES 2021
NOTICE TO PLAYERS
DISREGARD CLUB POSTED LOCAL RULES AND THE RULES ON THE BACK OF THE SCORE CARD
- OUT OF BOUNDS
- Where boundary fences have masonry or a concrete wall at their base, out of bounds is defined by the
inside course-side edge of the wall or concrete at ground level.
- The course-side edges of public roads are defined as out of bounds. A ball that crosses a road which is marked out of bounds and comes to rest beyond that road is out of bounds, even if it comes to rest on another part of the golf course.
- The driving range is deemed to be out of bounds. Its margins are defined by stakes and/or its fencing.
- The paved cart path and its curbing behind the putting greens of Holes 9 & 18 is out of bounds on course #1 and hole 18 on course #2.
- NO PLAY ZONE – The flood control channel is deemed to be no play zone treated as a red or yellow penalty area depending on as marked. A ball must not be played or retrieved from within the flood channel and relief must be taken from interference by the no play zone under Rule 17.1e. The no play zone is defined by the concrete liner if no lines are present. The penalty area is deemed to extend to infinity. The player must not play from the opposite side of the channel.
- DROPPING ZONE – On Hole #10 (Course 1), as an additional option to Rule 17.1, the dropping zone to the left of the cart path near the putting green may be used for the lateral water hazard behind the putting green. On Hole # 3 behind the green.
- LOOSE IMPEDIMENTS – Mulch and bark areas are loose impediments and are part of the general area.
- OBSTRUCTIONS - All protective fences within the course that are not part of a boundary fence are deemed to be immovable obstructions. Relief may be taken under Rule 16.1; however, there is no line of play relief.
- Any decomposed granite (roads or paths) in the General Area the player may take free relief under rule 16.1. Any ball coming to rest in an aeriation hole in the closely mowed area, the player may lift clean and place on the nearest point of relief.
- CLOSE OF COMPETITION: The close of the competition is deemed to have closed when the committee has approved all scores.
- PROCEDURE FOR TIES- In the event of a tie for the Championship flight there will be a hole by hole playoff immediately following the conclusion of regular play. All net flight will be decided by a USGA tie breaker.
- DRAINAGE AREA- (Course #2) Hole #13 near the green. The player may take relief, no penalty.
- Bunkers- You may lift, clean and place your ball within 1 club length.